Do you know a student who might like to paddle with the Sojourn? We might be able to make that happen!
The availability of Youth Paddle Program funding for 2018 will be announced in the winter/early spring of 2018.
What is the Youth Paddle Program?
Each year, the Delaware River Sojourn provides funding for a limited number of youth teams to join us on the river. Funding is contingent on grant availability and may vary year to year. A funded team includes 5 students (over 12 years old and less than 18), plus one leader. The leader must be a teacher or scout leader.
What will the Sojourn Provide?
- Kayaks or Rafts (depending on river conditions)
- Life Jackets and Paddles
- Educational Programming
What do You Need to Bring?
- Your sense of adventure!
- Sleeping bag, tent, camp chair, etc.
- Clothes/shoes suitable for wearing on the river and for outdoor conditions
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, bug spray, water bottle, etc.
- Youth Paddle Program Flyer (overview of program)
- 2017 Youth Paddle Program Guidelines (program guidelines)
- Positive Behavior Matrix
- 2017 Sojourn Overview (overview of 2017 itinerary; changes annually)
- 2017 Day Plans (daily itineraries; change annually)
- ACA Waiver - Adult (team leader must complete)
- ACA Waiver - Child (each youth participant must complete)
- NEWE Waiver (each participant renting a kayak from NEWE, our livery, must sign)
- 2017 Safety Plan (for review)
Want to Learn More?
- Teachers! If you are interested in checking out the Sojourn yourself before bringing students on, please email Lou Metzger at the above email address.